The relationship between the board and the general manager is arguably the most important relationship in a co-op.
Our consultants can provide you with specific help in developing that relationship, including the process of hiring, compensating and, when necessary, separating from general managers.
Our consultants will help you to build an effective relationship between your co-op board and management. We can:
- Provide support for specific issues, such as: screen candidates, advise boards on process questions
- Advise on management compensation
- Assist with Hiring a General Manager following the methodology in Hiring a General Manager Toolbox
- Help startups hire their first general manager
- Help boards with respectful separation when the general manager is not right for your co-op.
We maintain the CBLD GM Compensation Database to help managers propose equitable compensation.