CDS Consulting Co-op has a broad range of services to help, including expansion readiness, feasibility, planning, building capacity and implementation.
Features and Benefits
Expansions can be risky and rewarding experiences. Minimize risk with strong feasibility assessment, organizational alignment and careful planning.
Our consultants have supported over 250 food co-op expansion projects over the last 30 years. We understand both retail business and cooperative associations and can help you strengthen and integrate best practices for both in your business. We also emphasize the use of data to make important decisions, giving you assurance and advice from respected sources you can trust. From our proprietary customer transaction data, staff survey results, and CoCoFiSt, our recommendations are based on data.
Expansion Readiness and Alignment
Our experienced consultants will guide an effective process of building commitment, alignment and making good decisions.
- Orientation to expansion/relocation planning
- Building shared vision and alignment
- Organizational structure and capacity
We will assess the feasibility of your project.
- Market feasibility and market study; sales projection and site analysis
- Financial feasibility, comprehensive financial pro formas, Sources and Uses budget
- Internal readiness
- Design feasibility and preliminary store design
Our cost-effective services will help you achieve success.
- Business planning
- Timeline development
- Membership systems
- Bylaw review
- Owner capitalization
- External capitalization
- Ongoing support for general managers throughout the planning and expansion process
- Store planning, interior design, fixture plans
For support developing and implementing store systems, see the following service area.
For more information about our expansion support services, contact